Grandma's useful Tips
- To remove bad breath chew Eliachi (green cardamom)
/ Saunf (aniseed) / Laung (Cloves).
- Chewing a piece of Laung (clove) after a meal helps
in reducing acidity.
Soak seven almonds in water overnight, remove the skin
and boil it with a glass of milk and sugar and drink it.
Repeat this for 20 - 25 days. It helps enhance memory.
One or two drops of eucalyptus oil on a handkerchief
works as a good inhaler if one has a running nose.
A few drops of eucalyptus oil, when added to hot water,
provides relief during cold, when inhaled.
- A mixture of ginger juice and honey (warmed), if taken
before going to bed brings great relief to severe cough.
- A mixture of cardamom seeds, a pinch of black salt and
a few drops of lemon, taken with luke warm water, provides
relief during a stomach ache.
- A flake of garlic, swallowed with water, on an empty stomach
everyday in the morning can be helpful in providing
relief during stomach and gastric problems.
- Biting a clove provides relief in toothache.