Around the house
- Keep your carpet smelling fresh and clean with baking
soda - just sprinkle the soda liberally over the entire
carpet and let it sit for an hour. Then vacuum it up.
- For a sweeter smelling house, squeeze a few drops of lemon
juice into the dust-bag of your vacuum cleaner before
you start it up.
- You can use mayonnaise to remove crayon marks from wood
furniture. Just let it sit for ten minutes and then rub
with a soft cloth.
- Vinegar is an inexpensive and effective cleaning agent
and it has many practical uses:
- To remove white water deposits from your pots and pans,
simply pour white vinegar into the pot and boil for 15 minutes.
- Cleaning your dishwasher is child's play if you run an
empty cycle with white vinegar.
- White vinegar can also remove stains and odours of pets
from the carpet.
- When you are painting, just add a few drops of vanilla
essence to the paint when mixing. This will remove
the unpleasant smell and still won't affect the colour.
- To keep the toilet bowl sparkling, mix equal parts of
baking soda and borax; add white vinegar and use this mixture
as a cleaning fluid.