Home Space Sense
A well arranged home interior can maximise space.
- Avoid the temptation of crowding your house with everything
you can think of.
- Let each room have one or two focal areas so that they
- Fancy wall finishes like a mud finish is best avoided.
Go for something more solid and long lasting.
- Selecting the right light is absolutely essential. Dull
lighting can ruin an elegant interior.
- Never go in for fake finishes. Let wood and metal show
up as such.
- Instead of expensive marbles, you could innovate with
- If you are one of those avid collectors of paintings or
artifacts, don't display them all at once.You could display
them one by one or shift them from room to room.
- Ethnic furniture can add character to a room.
- Let your house reflect your personality. Don't let an
architect or designer dictate terms to you.
When you hire an interior decorator for your home or
office, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Check the firm's credentials.
- Check the interior decor of their own office, it will
give you a fair idea of what they can deliver.
- Talk to the firm's previous clients, inspect some of their
earlier work to check on the quality of materials used and
- Take the quotation, bill of material and drawings in advance
and make sure all agreements are in writing.
A fairly large architect's firm can also provide interior
decor services. If you hire such a reputed firm, you can be
assured of quality work.